Dr. Guggenheim has served as an environmental consultant and adviser throughout his career, providing his expertise and leadership to nonprofit organizations, industry, governmental agencies and academic institutions. His environmental consulting work has included:
- Building and leading coalitions
- Leading complex research projects and authoring reports and papers
- Advocacy, public speaking and media
- Formal and informal education
- Scientific adviser for marine research projects
- Management adviser
- Leading and conducting field research, including data collection as a submersible pilot, scuba diver, boat captain
He is dedicated to advancing the complex challenges of protecting and sustaining the marine environment and the health of its wildlife through strong, visionary nonprofit leadership, science-based advocacy and effective public education programs that reach beyond traditional audiences and constituencies.
Complementing his environmental consulting work, Dr. Guggenheim is an accomplished media spokesperson and environmental speaker to governments, industry, schools and colleges, etc.